Meet your MLA and ask them to ensure that the upcoming poverty reduction plan is Accountable, Bold and Comprehensive.
It’s easy, here are step-by-step instructions (it’s most effective to meet your MLA in person but, if you’re short on time, just send them an email!):
1. To join a group meeting, find your Community Champion in the map below (or the list at the bottom of the page) and email them. If you don’t see a champion in your community, please email us to volunteer for that role.
If you don’t know your local MLA, type your address in the email tool below.
2. If you don’t have a Community Champion in your riding, use the tool at the bottom of this page to email your MLA and directly request a meeting
3. Use these resources to help you focus on the issue:
- “An Effective Poverty Reduction Plan: It’s as simple as ABC” policy brief
- If your MLA is Liberal, use our Meet your MLA – Liberal guide
- If your MLA is NDP, use our Meet your MLA – NDP guide
- If your MLA is Green, use our Meet your MLA – Green guide
- Print this poster and take a photo with it at your meeting.
- More resources are available at bcpovertyreduction.ca
4. Make sure to let us know how your meeting went! Send us a photo with this poster in front of your MLA’s office (or with your MLA if they’re willing). You can also tell your local newspaper about your meeting with our easy Letter to the Editor tool. Community Champions Tara and Patti generously shared their experiences meeting with their MLAs
5. It’s most effective to meet your MLA in person but, if you only have a moment, click here to email them (as well as key provincial political leaders).
- Burnaby: Stephen D’Souza at email@example.com
- North Island: Don Kattler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Vancouver-Lonsdale: Deborah Sexton at email@example.com
- Oak Bay – Gordon Head: Larry Wartels at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond: De Whalen at email@example.com
- Skeena (Terrace): Robert Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surrey: Jonquil Hallgate at email@example.com
- Vancouver-Mount Pleasant: Trish Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Vancouver-Capilano: John Millar at email@example.com
Community members have already taken the ABC plan to these MLAs:
|Katrina Chen||Norm Letnick||Steve Thomson||Ben Stewart|
|Spencer Chandra-Herbert||David Eby||Katrine Conroy||George Chow|
|Jinny Sims||Shane Simpson||Lisa Beare||Harry Bains|
|Ronna-Rae Leonard||Jennifer Rice||Mitzi Dean||Janet Routledge|
|Scott Fraser||Garry Begg||Rachna Singh|