Meet your MLA and ask them to ensure that the upcoming poverty reduction plan is Accountable, Bold and Comprehensive.
It’s easy, here are step-by-step instructions (it’s most effective to meet your MLA in person but, if you’re short on time, just send them an email!):
1. To join a group meeting, find your Community Champion in the map below (or the list at the bottom of the page) and email them. If you don’t see a champion in your community, please email us to volunteer for that role.
If you don’t know your local MLA, type your address in the email tool below.
2. If you don’t have a Community Champion in your riding, use the tool at the bottom of this page to email your MLA and directly request a meeting
3. Use these resources to help you focus on the issue:
- “An Effective Poverty Reduction Plan: It’s as simple as ABC” policy brief
- If your MLA is Liberal, use our Meet your MLA – Liberal guide
- If your MLA is NDP, use our Meet your MLA – NDP guide
- If your MLA is Green, use our Meet your MLA – Green guide
- Print this poster and take a photo with it at your meeting.
- More resources are available at bcpovertyreduction.ca
5. It’s most effective to meet your MLA in person but, if you only have a moment, click here to email them (as well as key provincial political leaders).
- Abbotsford & Chilliwack: Shakira Miracle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burnaby: Stephen D’Souza at email@example.com
- Kelowna-Mission & Kelowna-Westside: Christine Mettler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Island: Don Kattler at email@example.com
- Oak Bay – Gordon Head: Larry Wartels at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond: De Whalen at email@example.com
- Skeena (Terrace): Robert Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surrey: Jonquil Hallgate at email@example.com
- West Vancouver-Capilano: John Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org